RSVP volunteers serve as often as they like in areas such as education, food security, and health in Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. They play a critical role with educational success, human needs, homelessness, health and wellness, hospital support, and senior services. RSVP Volunteers must be at least 55 years old, receive training for their service area, are honored at a recognition banquet every year, and receive special benefits.
Fill out a volunteer form below that goes along with the county you live in and start impacting your community!
RSVP PROGRAM BENEFITS
- CIMA Supplemental Insurance: during the hours which you volunteer (including driving time to and from the opportunity), RSVP membership provides supplemental insurance, at no cost to you. What this means is that, while you probably already have insurance, our program picks up any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur should you have an accident during your volunteer time. This is an automobile and personal liability as well as accident insurance. RSVP will cover/reimburse these out-of-pocket costs (including the breakage of glasses, hearing aids or dentures) up to $50,000 annually.
- Life Insurance Benefit: in the event that a volunteer passes away during their hours of volunteering, RSVP provides a $2,500 ‘death benefit’ to the volunteer’s indicated beneficiary.
- Recognition / Appreciation: RSVP believes that your service should be recognized! We think that volunteers like you are directly countering the adverse effects of living in our increasingly uninvolved and unengaged society, and we think that you should be applauded for all the work you do. We provide an annual recognition luncheon (during May or June) and several other intermittent rewards to our members (t-shirts, hats, etc.) to show our appreciation for all your work.
- Matching: we provide matching services to our members, and if you have any friends who are interested in volunteering, but don’t know where to go, we can help there as well. We have partners in education, health, food insecurity, poverty alleviation, community gardens and more.
- The Senior Resource Alliance: Orange and Osceola Counties’ Area Agency on Aging has extended their Health and Wellness courses and workshops to our RSVP members, free of charge. If you should be interested, we would be glad to get you in touch with the SRA.