AdventHealth is welcoming volunteers back to the Altamonte Campus! Many of the more seasoned volunteers decided not to return after Covid so they are looking for a lot of assistance. All volunteers must be 55 or older.
Some of the opportunities are:
- Bringing patients pillows/water (if comfortable going into rooms)
- Answer the phone at the nurse’s desk
- Putting together packets
- Wiping down contact areas, clipboards, etc.
- Answer the phone/watch front desk at entrance of hospital or surgical desk
- Picking up patients from their room and wheeling them down to the exit to get in their car
- Drive around the parking lot in a golf cart to pick up patients and take them to the entrance. Partitions are in the cart to avoid contact.
Please know at no time will you come in contact with a Covid positive person or a Covid wing. They do not require vaccines; however, it is strongly encouraged.
All applications and orientation are online-first meeting in person will be a brief interview. You will receive a meal voucher for when you are volunteering. If you or anyone you know (55 or older) are interested, please contact Nicole – firstname.lastname@example.org!