Passionate about History and Central Florida? Volunteer Today!
January 10, 2019 - June 30, 2019
Orange County Regional History Center
Located in the heart of downtown Orlando, the History Center offers four floors of dynamic exhibits exploring 12,000 years of Central Florida history. Visitors can enjoy limited-run exhibitions scheduled and riveting programs throughout the year. If you are passionate about history and Central Florida, this is your perfect fit for a volunteer opportunity!
Your time and talents can truly make a difference. The rewards are rich as you help future generations learn and grow. In addition to working with young people, we offer volunteer opportunities as interns, hosts at our events, and assistants in the Joseph L. Brechner Research Center.
Volunteer Docent Program: Impact Your Community While Making History
- Learn about our area’s history and share your knowledge
- Experience the satisfaction of helping visitors of all ages
- Attend orientation and training
- Commit to one morning a week
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Spring 2019 – New Volunteer Trainings
- Session 1: Wednesday and Thursday, January 16-17, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Session 2: Monday and Tuesday, January 28-29, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Benefits for Active Volunteers
- An engaging, rewarding experience
- Special tours of exhibitions
- Opportunities to learn through docent training
- Free parking validation during scheduled volunteer shifts
- A 10 percent discount in our gift shop
- Quarterly appreciation brunches
- RSVP Membership, for individuals 55+
- Recognition during National Volunteer Appreciation Week each April and more, with RSVP Membership (if eligible)
- After 100 hours of volunteer service:
- Complimentary individual membership
- Eligibility for President’s Volunteer Service Award
The History Center will provide the necessary training for each volunteer position. VCI’s part in this opportunity is to provide volunteers who are 55+ with a (free) comprehensive benefits package (inclusive of accident, personal liability and automobile liability insurance, a life Insurance benefit, free workshops and more) during the hours that you volunteer!
Please contact the RSVP Manager over Orange County for more information: 407-298-4180, x 113 / firstname.lastname@example.org . RSVP, a part of Senior Corps, is America’s largest volunteer network for people 55 and over. With more than 300,000 volunteers tackling tough issues in communities nationwide, RSVP shows how you can apply the skills and wisdom you have acquired throughout your life to make a positive difference in the lives of others. RSVP is federally funded by the Corporation of National and Community Service.