Seeking Caring Community Members to Volunteer for Cornerstone Hospice!
January 10, 2019 - June 30, 2019
Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care
Caring, compassionate people are needed to assist hospice patients and their loved ones. Do you have two to four hours a week to help a neighbor?
Cornerstone volunteers are a vital part of the entire organization, and play an active role in helping to provide the many special comfort and support services that distinguish hospice care. Ask the RSVP Program Coordinator about different opportunities to volunteer today!
Things to know before you apply:
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for patients and families, there are state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for hospice volunteers. We ask the following from anyone interested in volunteering:
– Attendance at all training sessions mandated for the type of volunteer work you want to do
– Completion of an interview and service placement meeting
– A commitment to volunteer for at least one year
– Completion of a fingerprint background check (scheduled and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
– Completion of a two-step tuberculosis screening (“TST”) for volunteers who will work with patients (administered and covered by Cornerstone Hospice)
– Cornerstone Hospice has a wide variety of volunteer programs, both direct and indirect.
Cornerstone Hospice provides the necessary training for each volunteer position. VCI’s part in this opportunity is to provide volunteers who are 55+ with a (free) comprehensive benefits package (inclusive of accident, personal liability and automobile liability insurance, a life Insurance benefit, free workshops and more) during the hours that you volunteer! Please contact the RSVP Manager over Orange County for more information: 407-298-4180, x 113 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP, a part of Senior Corps, is America’s largest volunteer network for people 55 and over. With more than 300,000 volunteers tackling tough issues in communities nationwide, RSVP shows how you can apply the skills and wisdom you have acquired throughout your life to make a positive difference in the lives of others. RSVP is federally funded by the Corporation of National and Community Service.